Counting down in Limbo Land


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
December 6th 2010
Published: December 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The never ending countdownThe never ending countdownThe never ending countdown

X weeks, x days, x hours, x minutes

X amount of weeks, X amount of days, X amount of hours


Having sat in front of a computer reading travel blogs for hours and hours it seems strange that the time has come for us to do the same. I've loved reading the adventures and mis-adventures of others who have gone off to see the world but I have to admit I especially enjoy reading the 'countdown' blogs. People explaining how long they have planned, how hard they have saved and how excited they are to finally be off. Tearful farewells as they go through the departure gate with boarding passes clutched in their sweaty, anticipating fists.

I've read of couples going on three month honeymoons, young pre-uni backpackers starting an adventure of a life time with nothing more than a set of clothes and a map and people like us - taking a break from real life after years of being settled and ready to see the world.

Renting out apartments, selling precious belongings, searching out the best rates...all seem to be a constant factor when planning a big trip - it's nice to know we arent the only ones.

S and I are still in limbo land, too late to start anything but too early to get down to the nitty gritty. We managed to keep ourselves sane by spreading out the purchases of good walking shoes, wet weather jackets, the obligatory vaccines etc...can't do it all at once can we?

We're not too sure how this blog will work out and if either of us has the stamina to keep up with it (but we are going to try our hardest)....

Right, back to that blog of the couple in Palawan...

Zoe

Advertisement



1st January 2011

Happy New Year...Happy New Adventures
Wow girls not long to go now! A new year begins with one hell of an adventure to follow!!! Ill be waiting eagerly to hear of your crazy antics across the globe. You'll be missed dearly and thought of often you jammy sods. Take in every site, culture, cuisine, journey and the amazing and interesting people you'll meet over the year...its magical. Big love from your London lass, Smiler xox
22nd January 2011

So what's happening? Do you miss us yet?
1st February 2011

Not much happening, you know the usual...boring holiday boring! Do you miss US yet??

Tot: 0.287s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0673s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb