BFN Tours


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
August 4th 2010
Published: August 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,
We have finally found some sun and beach and have been busily working hard at relaxing. We had a lovely couple of days at Mission Beach which ended with an impulsive Sky Dive from 11,000ft to land on the beach. Cal Tim and I all did it and it was truly fantastic. Cal and I were keen to go again straight away with Tim a little dazed and not quite sure how he got talked into it.
We then drove to Townsville to catch up with Sue,Steve and the kids, which was great, we had a real bed for a change(thanks Nicky) and was able to relax, restock and recharge. We even got in a few laps at the local pools. We have all decided that Townsville has more shops per ca pita than anywhere else in Australia and one of the most pro active councils. Unfortunately we had to move on from here and after picking up Connor( a mate of Cals) we moved south again.
We were keen to stay at Horseshoe Beach at Bowen but after ringing all 6 van parks in the area we were unable to secure even an unpowered site, the grey nomads have the place sewn up. So after some extensive googling I managed to come across a small place just north of Airlie Beach called Hydeaway Bay and what a find it turned out to be. It is a tiny hamlet on a peninsular only established about 20 years ago. The peninsular is dotted with pristine little beaches and stretches of fringing reef over looking the Whitsunday Islands. Needless to say we spent our days lazing on said beaches and soaking up the sun and doing some exploring in the arvos. Cal and Connor got the rods out and caught a few tiddlers but nothing we could call a meal. The nights saw us around the camp fire chatting to other travelers and sharing stories.
It is a piece of paradise and a place to put in the memory bank for future trips.
Today we are moving on again will probably stay a night at Camilla Beach north of Rockhamption before going on to Bundaberg. That's if we survive Cals driving!!!!
Love to All
Cheers
Lee and all the Crew.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



5th August 2010

Hi guys
Missing my little boy!! Feel so bad about the faux par ??spelling?? on Sunday...Anyway got him there eventually so that was a plus. Wish I was up there with you....looks unreal. Its very quiet around here. Amazing the difference less one. Kieran was away at a conf in Sydney for three days at the beginning of the week so even more weird. Anyway look after each other and keep having fun. I'm totally jealous... Will have to keep Hideaway Bay in mind for (if) when we ever get up that way. Lots of love and kisses to Connor (he'll love that) and thanks for inviting him! Leanne xx
5th August 2010

Google
Ah google, what would one do without it! Skydive looks like fun, lucky I'm not there I would've cut Cal's hair off by now! Tim looks like he's aging quicker from the whole ordeal! Be safe.
10th August 2010

impressed
so.....impressed sky diving!

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb