Perth to Melbourne- Day 1 of the Ski Trip


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
July 5th 2008
Published: August 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Flight out of Perth close to midnight Friday Night / Sat Morning.

Arrived Melbourne 5.55am and took the Skybus to Southern Cross Station. We are staying at the Quality Batman on Collins so we walked up little Collins Street by mistake. Walked around the block and back to the hotel which is actually right across the road from Southern Cross/Spencer St Station. We checked in at 7am. Geoff and Sonya had arrived yesterday and warned us not to wake them! We couldn't get in to our proper rooms but the man at check in offered 2 similar rooms which we could have straight away. As it turned out there was only enough beds for 5, not 6 so Thomas had to bunk in with Tanya and I.

We crashed and woke again at 9am. Once awake we walked down the road to the McDonalds and had a quick brekky.

We got back to the Hotel and woke Geoff. He was already up so agreed to meet shoertly. I had a quick Shower and then we headed off to shop and wander around Melbourne CBD. We did the DFO, we did the Circle Tram 360 degrees. We walked along South Bank and then stopped at Federation Square. We were seated in a cafe for 30 minutes without being served so we headed over the road to HJ's.

We eventually got back to the Hotel and the kids lounged around. Geoff and I went off to get some food and liquor supplies for the week ahead.

Later in the day we found ourselves unwinding in the bar downstairs. We called Paul, who is already at Falls Creek and heard what a wonderful day he had had on the slopes. By now we were a little too relaxed to go anywhere for dinner so got some bar stacks/wedges and then tried to have an early night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0742s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb