Day 2 Melbourne to Falls Creek


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Australian Alps
July 6th 2008
Published: August 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Up nice and early.

Had to be at South Cross for a 7.30am Bus. Now that we have luggage, bags of food, wine, slabs of drinks for the kids, we had quite and eventful, short walk. Lot of cursing.

Managed to get there with 20 minutes to spare so I was dispatched to get a coffee fgrom the Gloria Jeans. Armed with directions, off and none found. Eventually I got 2 Coffees from the nearby HJ's and added those to the Crispy Cream(disgusting) Donuts that Tanya got last night. A nice healthy brekky !

The bus to Falls stopped for an Early lunch and then arrived at 1.30pm. We had been warned by Paul to have our Jackets, Ski Pants, Gloves, Beanies etc on when we arrived. And yes, he was right, as we arrived in a Blizzard. As we drove the last 20 minutes the kids had been very excited by the appearance of snow on the side of the road. And yes, we are finally here.

We checked in to the Oversnow, which is like a giant Tractor/Taxi and it took us up to the Alipineview Appartments. We dumped our luggae and then headed off to the Village Ski Shop to get our hired ski gear.

The man from Village delivered our gear and once I had packed it away I headed out to test my skill. Next minute Aimme and Jordan were out their with me. Bring on Tomorrow !

Dinner at the Frying Pan across from us at the Village Bowl and bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.222s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb