Greetings from Pert


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
September 30th 2007
Published: September 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Dear friends and family,
Approximately 35 hours after boarding a Unite flight in Dulles airport, we arrived in Perth. Aside form a few temporary misplacements of our travel papers and my laptop bag, our flight and connections were uneventful. In particular, the Business Class part from L.A. to Sydney was outstanding. We stretched out, schmoosed, ate, drank a wee bit, rad, talked and slept. We were welcomed to Perth, which is exactly the other side of the world from Washington, D.C., by a glamorous and happy trio....daughter Lin and grand daughters, Maddy and Sarah. On arrival, sans our baggage...which came on a later flight, we drove to 19 Union street in Subiaco, a lovely English-style suburb of Perth. Gorgeous weather, flowers, birds, smogless air and warm welcome after a long flight, prompted Lyuba to crash for four hours while Win and the girls played tennis and walked around Subiaco doing som errands. The town is about five square blocks with many coffee shops, interesting stores, park, tennis courts and other lovely features....none comparing to the bouncy beauties (Maddy and Sarah) who were obviously delighted that we had at last arrived. After David's return from work (he is a first class geologist of great charm and dry humour). wine and dinner followed and we collapsed at about 8:30pm (Friday).
Saturday was another beautiful day. We went to the wonderful 20-30 miles beach about 15 minutes drive. Perth beach is one of the truly great beahces of the world....seemingly endless sand. Reminds one of the San Diego-La Jolla beach scene....no smokers (virtualy illegal in Australia), healthy beautiful bodies and sun worshipers galore. Then it was gin and tonic time, David's lamb chops and Maddy's rhubarb with whipped cream....wow....and THEN we gave everyone their presents. Lyubasha outdid herself; her taste in clothing for each of the girls was impeccable and the fasion show was memorable... Then it was collapsing time and end of a glorious day and evening.
Sunday after masterful Linda's pankakes we took the girls to the big Fair: perth's show. Cows, sheep, birds and horses and endless rides... After many games and pooling strings, the girs wounf up with so many stuffed animals, we were barely walking around... Including Sara's a lion king and maddie's 10-foot long green snake... The main parade of dressage, flying mmortorcyces and finally the entire show of all winning animals on the faire were memorable. We think we are adjusting, since only twice Lyuba asked the Aussies to write down what they mean to say... Definitely not the same language...

We include some of the pictures to show the day.

Much love, Lyuba and Win


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



30th September 2007

Enjoy aussieland! How fun. Big hugs from Noah, Sofia, Phil and Di
5th October 2007

still in Perth
Thank you so much for your note, I was wondering if this has reached you. How is eveyone? I have a wicked cold, spend most of the last 4 days in bed... Getting better, everyone had a great time and gives Win plenty of running room with the girls. Love from both, mm

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb