Frustrated in Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
August 23rd 2007
Published: August 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

August 23, 2007 Cairns5tosydney
This morning we heard from Air treks again who emailed us with all the information for our Quantas Flight. We waited until 9am and contacted Gulf Air again to find out that we had to go to an “office” in Sydney in order to get our tickets switched. Yeah, there is an office in Sydney but we wouldn’t have made it anyways because our flight from Cairns doesn’t get in until 5:00pm. So, Mark spoke with them as my eye was threatening to pop another blood vessel. Gulf Air told us they would put us on a flight from Brisbane to Singapore. Umm, we are flying to Sydney not Brisbane. After having to explain to them we were booked on a flight from SYDNEY more than 4 times they finally understood that.
Then they said since the flight would leave the 24th they wouldn’t do it since it is changing the days. There are no flights after 5:00 that go to Singapore on the 23rd but they wouldn’t listen. Mark started getting mad and after he told them that since there are no flights after our plane lands and we were booked on Gulf air to leave at 10:00pm, the next day would have to be the flight and they must do it. After speaking with a manager, they called back and cancelled our Quantas flight to Perth and to Singapore that Air Treks booked and put us on to Brisbane from Sydney where we will then connect to Singapore. Did any of that make sense? I am still trying to figure it out. We are in the air and just flew over Brisbane to go further south to Sydney where we will spend a night and fly up to Brisbane. So very annoying. We are just hoping that the new flights have heard of us. If it all works out then we won’t miss out on staying in Raffles hotel in Singapore. This is the hotel I have been waiting for. It is supposed to be so posh. I think it is safe to say now that when we get there we will take full advantage of the “Long Bar” that introduced the Singapore Sling. It’s on.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb