Townsville: Here we come!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
August 4th 2007
Published: August 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We took a long and gruesome bus ride to the Brisbane airport. A trip that should have taken a little over an hour, took 3! I'm sure it was the bus driver's first time driving a standard, and we drove down the same street in Brisbane three times in a row.

We were happy just to arrive at the airport in time to make our plane, and even happier to land in Townsville and see Amanda and Derek!

We went for a bite to eat before the footy game, where Vlad finally had a much needed local to help advise him on his beer. Before we arrived in Townsville, Vlad had tried 5 Aussie tinnies, it being his goal to sample as much beer as possible while on this island.

We weren't entirely sure what sport we would be watching, but it turns out that the Townsville Cowboys play Rugby. It was a good game, close right to the bitter end and the home team won! "The Cowboys are MY Team, and It's my DREAM, to see them at the TOP!", was their team song.

OZ Oddities:
- We are getting quite used to the fact that there is no tipping or taxes on anything here. If you see a price on the menu for $12.95, when you pay the bill, you pay $12.95! No math required!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb