Surfers, Byron and the rest!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
March 18th 2007
Published: March 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

beach at byron bay beach at byron bay beach at byron bay

not the main one!
Our next destination from Brisbane was surfers paradise on the gold coast, where we finally found a spell of good weather untill the day we left when it pissed down! Once we arrived at our hostel we discovered that the hostel hold a backpackers pub crawl on wednesdays and saturdays, which convinced us that our first day should be spent watching a film and relaxing before going out. That night was a really good one with probably around 150 backpackers partying hard and enjoying themselves from pub to pub! The next day we decided to go to a waterpark called wet n wild, unfortunatly we left it a bit late and decided to tackle the crazy waves down at the beach instead. The next day we did make it to the water park which was great fun! Due to the previous night out being so good we decided to do the same thing on saturday, this time everyone got given a white t-shirt and marker pens so you could wright on each others tops, this once again proved a massive hit, and made for some very funny looking t-shirts.

After surfers we headed an hour or so down the coast to Byron Bay, and back into New South Wales. In Byron we once again had a couple of good nights out at a place called cheeky monkeys, with the usual drinking followed by bad dancing, and chatting rubbish occuring!! We spent a couple of our 5 days in byron on the beach catching the even crazier waves in the sea, so much fun. Me, bird and Dean also did a walk up to the lighthouse which is the most easterly point of Australia. From the top thier was some beuatiful views of the ocean and of byron itself. On our last day here we jumped on a bus to a place called Nimbin which is a little town full of hippies which makes the place a little different! After a day here i headed down to Newcastle to see a freind who i play cricket with while the rest of the boys headed down to Sydney.

After a 10 hour overnight coach i arrived in Newcastle which is about an hour and a half north of Sydney. Pricey met me at the station and i watched a day of cricket, his team lost by 6 runs! That night i
me and bird at byronme and bird at byronme and bird at byron

think bird may of smelt (look at my face!!!)
went to a house warming party with him and between us we got through a crate of couger and coke before heading out, happy times! On the sunday i went to priceys dads place for a bbq which was pretty good, apart from trying baby octupus, safe to say i nearly threw up!!!

Next stop was a flying visit to Sydney to do the Blue mountains before heading back down to Melbourne. The blue mountains were pretty impressive despite the poor weather. I did a couple of walks at different parts of the mountains seeing waterfalls and unusual parts of the landscape. The trip also included kayaking in the river formed by the mountains and some time at a place called scenic world where i took a train ride up the mountain!

Another long, painful, sleepless 12 hour bus journey back down to Melbourne was next arriving on the 7th march in the morning. During my second stay in Melbourne i stayed with freinds, so a massive thanks to matty and jemma and also to the beer family! Whilst in melbourne i went down to the junction oval where St Kilda play cricket to watch beery play, and he certainly delivered, getting a second ball duck, ha unlucky mate! I also caught up with freinds from Caulfield cricket club at one of their functions and played a fair bit of beach cricket with the boys, as you can see from the photos!! But the highlight has got to be neighbours night held at the elephant and wheel barrow. Got a couple of awesome photos with toadie and elle, got to watch old/classic episodes of neighbours and see docter Karls band live, all my dreams have come true!!!!!

Off to New Zealand in a couple of days (20th march), exciting stuff!! Will let you know how we get on traveling around in a camper van for four weeks, cant wait!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

The three sistersThe three sisters
The three sisters

at the blue mountains
Me and ElleMe and Elle
Me and Elle

The future mrs mills!!!??!!!!


Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb