Road Trip through Australia Essentials


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
August 10th 2019
Published: August 10th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Australia is a travel destination which enthralls tourists from all over the world. It’s one of those countries that you just need to visit more than once, because there are so many enchanting sites and things to see. If you’re planning to go for the Land Down Under this summer, here are some useful tips for you.

Know what places are the best to visit




It’s difficult to make a list of the most incredible places in Australia, because the country’s abundant with natural beauties, remarkable buildings and sites people fall in love with. Let’s mention several places by which many are simply spellbound. They say the Big Lap of Australia is one of the biggest dream road trips of all. You get to delight in big city lights, blooming green rainforests, remote waterholes, alabaster-colored beaches and much more. The Great Ocean Road in Victoria is the route of sunburnt cliffs, shipwrecks and the famous Twelve Apostles (now eight). Tasmania’s East Coast is for big foodies who’ll enjoy exquisite wine, cheese and seafood.

See where you can rent a good car




To have a great and unforgettable road trip, you need a good and adequate car to serve you. Depending on the chosen destination you’ll know where you need to hire a car. For instance, there’s great and cheap car hire at Perth airport, if you choose to spend a lot of time in the capital of Western Australia. If you rather decide to stay at another city, check out the services offered in that location.

Prepare all the basics you’ll need




Be sure that you have everything you need for your trip. Get several sturdy and reliable carry-on suitcases and pack the appropriate clothes and accessories. Also bring enough food and drinks, a spare tire, and necessary tools in case of an emergency, like a first aid kit. Don't forget wet wipes, paper towels, snacks, and enough water as well, even though there’ll be plenty of gas stations along the way. You never know when you’ll need all these things, so the best thing is to be well-equipped and prepared for everything.

Get acquainted with the local language




You may know English perfectly, but in Australia, there are slangs which American or British English don’t have. There are differences regarding both lexicon and grammar, but you don’t have to know it all. Learning a few expressions will do. For instance, if you want to buy a pair of flip flops, know that those are thongs. Instead of a bathing suit, you say togs or swimmers. Lollies are referred to as candies. Hiking or trekking is known as bushwalking. Learn these and several more and you’re ready to go!

Don’t spend too much time in the sun




Australia is a warm country, meaning you’ll have to watch for the sun, especially during the hottest months. If you’re exposed to it a lot, you can get a bad sunburn. Hopefully, this won’t happen, but you can always know a thing or two about how to treat it, in case it comes to this. However, to prevent it, avoid spending too much time outdoors when the temperature is extremely high and cover up.



Naming these several crucial things about how to have a fabulous road trip through Australia will hopefully be of some help to you. Remember to check out what the best places are and where you can hire a car, prepare everything you need and learn some local slang, as well as not to spend a lot of time in the sun. If you follow these tips, surely you’ll enjoy yourself a lot and you’ll want to visit this amazing country again!
x (x)
x (x)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.906s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb