The Wests Awake


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
September 23rd 2007
Published: September 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Howye all?

Alls great here. We're just killing sometime before we hit for Asia later today.

We've left Darwin about 4 weeks ago and made our way to Perth. Great trip, done loads of good stuff.

WE got a lift from Darwin to Broome with a sound german girl and spent about 5 days on the road, going through the edge of the kimberleys, stopping at swimming holes, gorges and random outback town. Fantastic scenery!

Spent a few days in Broome, stayed on the beach, saw the stairway to heaven, visited cable beach and watched another beautiful sunsed.

Travelled by bus south along the coast. First stop was Coral Bay right on the ningaloo reef. Stunning spot. White sands, clear turquoise seas and great snorkelling with loads of colourful fish, coral and turtles etc. Definitely our favourite spot in Oz...helped by it not being too commercial like the east coast and less crowded.

Next stop was Denham and Monkey Mia where we got to feed the "wild" dolphins as they come into shore at the same time everyday. Another pretty spot.

Been in Perth the last weeks, nice compact city. Headed down to the Margaret River region and Fremantle for a few days..hadnt seen green fields in a while so it was a welcome change. Visited a winery and brewery etc.

Well thats it for now, next update will be from Thailand!

Hope all are well at home.

Slan Abhaile

Aoileann and Ian


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0278s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb