Bangkok to vientiane


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vientiane
October 12th 2007
Published: October 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sa bai dii from Laos!

Well we've left Oz far behind and landed in South East Asia!

First stop the crazy city of Bangkok. Spent a few days there. Mad busy place. Met Pamela a friend from home and her mates. Spent a night drinkin under the train station on the street. Everyday we saw an elephant at the bottom of our train station, as you do in a city!

We went to Chiang Mai for a few days and did a 3 day trek into the jungle, where we spent some time with local hill tribes. It was great to see, miles from anywhere, no other tourists around, ate some bamboo worms and got savages by leeches!

Next was the slow boat trip along the Mekong river into Laos. Saw all these small random villages along the way, where the locals use the river as a road. Stayed in Pak Beng, a small town along the way without electricity.

Landed in Luang Prabang then and spent a few rainy, lazy days wathcing movies and doing nought else!
Vang Vieng was next where we went tubing down the river in lashings of rain, thunder and lightning. Stopped off on the way in a few makeshift bars for some BeerLao! Poor Ian had some dodgy soup so spent a few days on the "throne"!

In Vientiane now, the capital, not much to do here. On the way to the 4000 islands now for some r n r!

Bye bye now.

Us


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0231s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb