Thursday 4th April 2024


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
April 4th 2024
Published: April 7th 2024
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 4

th
April, OnslowOcean View Caravan ParkCost $39 pensioner discount per night Rated by us 8/10Mileage 16415 travelled 0No plans to do much of anything today but rest recharge and stay cool, the breeze is good but fierce. As a precaution and as we are leaving tomorrow we took down the awning for the night. Chatting to a couple from Brisbane in a huge 24ft van, they are living in it for five years so I suppose they need it, but boy it is big. He admitted to G that he knew he was overloaded but the missus would not leave anything, and worse his ESC (Electronic Stability Control) which is mandatory on vans over 10ft was not working, some people are idiots really and accident looking for a resting place, hopefully they will stay safe.He also told us four vans he had been travelling with on and off had all gone to do the Gibb River Road and all had come back with major damage, one costing 4.5K to fix in Perth, he was glad he didn't take his big van, looks like we will be missing that one. He asked them if it was worth it and all of them had said no, it is one of those well we did it but what for!Had a short ride out to see the murals on the town Water Tanks, very disappointed that the road to them is private and you can only view them from the highway, used my long lens but it would have been nice, as they advertise them as a tourist attraction, if we could have got closer.Interesting shots of the Dampier Salt processing it is so white, not sure what they do with it before we eat it but it looks pristine up here.The heat is getting too much for us so we have checked the weather and it looks a bit cooler further north so we are heading off to Dampier tomorrow, not much to see but a good rest and cool off spot, interesting to see the industrial side of the state, sure G will enjoy it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb