Friday 5th April 2024


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
April 5th 2024
Published: April 7th 2024
Edit Blog Post

Friday 5

th
April, DampierDampier Caravan ParkCost $39 per night Rated by us 5/10Mileage 16747 travelled 332Interesting run out of Onslow towards Dampier, lots of salt lakes dissected by the highway, they harvest them every few years in rotation, they seem to cover a lot of ground. The landscape is now very barren with towering hills full of iron ore, the dust and ground is the famous red that gets into everything, annoying but you have to experience it to see what it can do. White bed sheets are looking very pink despite nightly showers, may need to get some cheap dark ones!!!The road is what I call typical Australia, it runs dead straight and disappears into the horizon, the heat shimmers in the distance and causes a mirage of were the road actually is, amazing.This is cattle country and we saw a number of dead cows on the roadside as it is un fenced and I guess they wander as do the roos, shame really, but with all the trucks and caravans to be expected.Enjoying the cool of the car and the barren landscape it is something I feel unable to truly describe and or capture on film it is so amazing, Europeans have no idea of the vastness of this amazing land we call home, we are so fortunate to experience it.Bit of trouble locating the camp site by following the GPS the road would appear to be split in two by the ocean and she got us on the wrong side, thank goodness the confirmation email gave detailed instructions. Small local run camp site out on the Archipelago looking over the ocean and the iron ore loading jetty, interesting.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



7th April 2024

fabulous pictures
wow great pic carol

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb