22nd March 2024 Day 3


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
March 22nd 2024
Published: March 22nd 2024
Edit Blog Post

Friday 22

nd
March, Coronation Beach Coronation Beach CampgroundsCost $20 per night. Per carRated by us 6/10Mileage 15141 travelled 197kmFinally settling in to the slow routine of camp life. Pack up was really good no spits and we did it all slowly and leisurely really good, despite the wind having rejoined us.Called into Aldi in Geraldton for a few missed bits short drive today, only 200kms to Coronation Beach.The Brand Highway looks to have suffered during the summer season and we had several roadworks with traffic lights but gave me chance to take some photos.The ground is very dry and as we are travelling along the coast the trees are bent along the ground growing almost horizontal to the ground as they seek to shelter from the winds.The Peppermint Trees along the road are gnarled and old, I love the patterns in the trunks and the light they cast is fascinating to photograph. One was painted blue for the Mental Health project. It was outside a very larger estate. The low rocky outcrop that borders the sea is potted with numerous caves, must have been lived in I like to think.Coronation Beach Campground is an interesting place at $20 per car, no showers but toilets it is a bargain, The best of it is the view it is literally a two second walk from our car over the dunes to the sea. The camp is roughly set out with a dirt road and numbered bays off the road, we managed to find the only tree on the site and get some shade, It looks like a popular one with a sign saying Camp David above, area 13 as it is labelled. The good old bush flies decided to join us and they are bad, we resorted to our fly net hats in order to sit outside, thank goodness they went to bed at about 5ish, poor Tippy had a tough day. We sought a bit of relief once the sun had cooled off a bit by walking on the beach. The ocean is full of seaweed and a bit unpleasant but G decided to have a sort of deep paddle and Tippy following him in began t o swim, so please he did it for himself, he was really good and had a great time rolling in the seaweed and getting covered in sand, worse than a child heheh. Spent most of the day sitting and relaxing reading and napping finally starting to slow down. Staying here tomorrow then on up to Denham for a week. The view from the camp site and the sound f the ocean is amazing looking forward to a peaceful night and day tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb