23rd March 2024 Day 4


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
March 29th 2024
Published: March 29th 2024
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 23
rd
March, Nerren Nerren RestcampOff the Great Cost Free Rated by us 4/10Mileage 15306 travelled 165kmLazy start ti the day with no plans to move till tomorrow. The wind and flies are still at a premium and after battling to make breakfast and sit without eating flies we made the decision to move on and over night somewhere else before heading to Denham. The red tick in our Camps guide book was certainly to do with location of this camp been right on the beach front but it does not mention the flies, I suppose this is Australia damn things.Stop to fill up with fuel at Northampton as it will be expensive in Denham, we relented and bought a coffee as I had not had the time or patience to make it this morning so our keep cups are empty, we needed it this morning it was great to drink without any flies as we were in the car, Strange no flies in Northampton hmmmm, they are not called bush flies for nothing.Headed on up the highway to a 24 hour rest camp literally just off the highway, we wanted to experience all the different types of camps not sure I would want to repeat this type in a hurry. We are parked in what is basically a large lay by with toilets, which are clean and usable just better than nothing, but the highway is close and even parking at the back it may be noisy depends on the number of trucks even they have to sleep please. Interestingly we spoke to more people here than at the other camps. A young couple from Switzerland doing Australia in two weeks then week in Sydney they have no idea the size of the place. A couple in a rooftop trailer tent, he came over to chat Rangers he had a Raptor. Then G went and spent an hour chatting to a pilot of a large low load that pulled in for the night, popular little spot. On to Denham tomorrow, power to charge everything up and hopefully enough time for G to sit and solve our electrical issues.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0717s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb