Day 19 : Bye Bye Kimberley


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
May 19th 2010
Published: May 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Very quick blog today since most of the day spent travelling.

Awoke in Broome to torrenial rain & slight thunder, but luckily cleared up fairly quickly. Was glad that we had gone to Britz the day before and asked them to fix the leak in the pop-top roof !!

Prior to refueling & dropping off the truck, we took a drive out to Gantheaume Point at the southern end of Cable Beach to visit the dinosaur foot prints and Anastasia's Pool. The dinosaur foot prints were discovered by some Girl Guides and the real ones, which are 130 million yeears old, can only be seen at a very low tide (the replica ones are there all year round at the top of the cliff). Also whilst out there we went & saw Anastasia's Pool which was carved out of the rock by the lightkeeper on the point for his arthritic wife.
Very nice spot with great coloues from the water & red sandstone on the point.

After we'd sorted out refueling & dropping off the truck at Britz, it was straight to Broome airport for our lunchtime flight to Perth. Even though both in WA the flight still takes 2.5 hours (same as from Sydney to NZ !)
Knackered by the time we got to Perth. Immediately noticed how big our serviced appartment was compared to the claustrophobic truck, and best of all ensuite bathroom where you could actually attempt to get clean without getting more red dirt on you as soon as you stepped outstide.

Perth looks a very spacious & clean city - more to explore tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Replica dinosaur prints, BroomeReplica dinosaur prints, Broome
Replica dinosaur prints, Broome

The real ones you can only get to at very low tide


Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb