Grant and Rae's Oz Trip Feb/Mar 2014


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
February 8th 2014
Published: February 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Can't hear myself think........not jet-lag, the noise of a huge firework display for the Perth Festival.

Breakfasted at Yallingup, in the company of a couple of bright green parrots! Then we headed back to Perth, about a 3 hour journey, even with Rae driving a good part of it (I had a bad night - jet lag or sunstroke?). Had a good run back to the hotel before heading off to Kings Park which provided some amazing views over the city - see pics. Rae treated me to an ice cream. Don't know what I did to deserve that! Chatted toJames on the phone before going to mass in St. Mary's Cathedral just up the road - beautiful church, made all the more significant that Frank was being buried in St. Mary's Larkhall around the same time. We explored a few places to eat, via the Festival show ground before deciding to eat at our hotel, The Good Earth!

Packing up to go to Alice springs tomorrow when the latest round of fireworks started!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



8th February 2014

Good Start
Looking forward to following your progress. Take care with the sun !

Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0848s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb