The joys of working lfe


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
August 4th 2006
Published: August 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I hated the early morningsI hated the early morningsI hated the early mornings

every day we got up at half five and left the lodge at 6!
first of all I am very sorry that we have not updated the blg in such a long time, what can we sqy its been all go recently! unfortuntely a chapter shal be missng from our merry adventure as ben put a load of pctures on his mp3 player and cannot retrieve them, oops!

so we will commence the pics from our tree planting days! However, before we set off into the wilderness to go about planting a stupid amount of pine trees we spent three Weeks buming about in Perth, a very nice place even in winter. We stayed at a very cosy hostel which was more like a house with lots of dorm rooms where we met some very interesting people including a group on northern Irish blokes who really challanged Helen's ability to understand different accents (to be fair no one really understood them). But everyone there was great minus a German or two which meant there were always people up for a night out to Black Betty's, the dirty nightclub, for pretty much all you can drink for 10 dollars! Bargain!.

To summarise, We (Helen) did a lot of shopping,

for the record i only bought a bag, a pair of trousers and two jumpers, as peerth was exceptionally cold, and the bag was very pretty!

, Walked and took the
and the work was painfuland the work was painfuland the work was painful

that red box would be filled with 120 pine trees, then you'd just plant them and reload, twas a tiring process, neither of us looked at our best those two weeks!
free buses all over Perth, We saw and fed Kangaroos at wildlife park which was gret fun! Also at the park we held a fat wombat, petted a koala and took a ride on a camal called clyde! Hopefully we might get some photos from the Irish guys we went with. Most Saturdays we went for a couple of drinks and a boogie at Black Bettys. Helen got 2 jobs I got none!

for those of you who do not already know, we spent two weeks in the middle of nowhere planting trees for two weeks, it was fun but also very tiring. we were planting just outsde of perth so it was also very cold at times!
We also met lots of realy cool people, all blokes however, as i was the only girl!! it was very hard work and it meant getting up at half 5 every morning, getting on the bus at 6, getting chucked off the bus at 7 with pottyputkey and trees and being told "you love it" and then we spent the whole day planting untill about 5.

The work dried up after 2 weeks due to lack of rain. So we
shne and the bus mobileshne and the bus mobileshne and the bus mobile

this was our chariot of two weeks, I (Helen) even drove it once
headed back to Perth with not a clue of what to do, although some serious binge drinking was in order so we took to the streets of perth with our tree plating buddies and got quite drunk for the next couple of days! what fun was had!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

a much deserved breaka much deserved break
a much deserved break

notice however our disgusting hands as we are eating, for two weeks we were constantly muddy!
other modes of transportationother modes of transportation
other modes of transportation

not only did we go on the bus mobile but we got to ride on the yute as well, we didnt need comfy seats!
the demon child!the demon child!
the demon child!

the bosses son! he was very helpful and would give you back all the trees you accidentally dropped!!!
fellow tree plantersfellow tree planters
fellow tree planters

all these were irish, in fact most of oiur fellow planters were irish, and quite crazy too!
naked michaelnaked michael
naked michael

it was the fummiest thing ever, he just really liked to be naked!
andy and jimandy and jim
andy and jim

they liked to jump!
the pipe damthe pipe dam
the pipe dam

indeed it is a giant pipe! what fun we had on our days off!


Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb