Meeting the Cousins, around Freo & Mandurrah


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
February 22nd 2010
Published: February 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

17th February 2010
Meeting Johanna & Chris Fewings this morning for a day out with the rellies!! They are brother & sister my second cousins on my grandmothers side. After intros, it was off with Chris driving.



We went first to Kings Park where all the war memorials are but also some lovely flora & fauna. The huge boab tree which had been transplanted from Broome (the north of WA).


Then on to Freo (Fremantle), I think LJ’s and mine preferred part of Perth & its surround. We had lunch at Little Creatures a micro brewery (some good beers James maybe a bit cold for you) but a thriving industry. Coffee on Cappucinni strip (coffee shops everywhere) and a walk round. A trip up the coast via Cottesloe and Brighton/Scarborough beaches before heading back to Perth. It doesn’t sound much but nobody stopped talking all day. At lunch Johanna had shown me some pictures of my father as a youngster and had a copy made in Freo, back at the hotel, I showed Johanna & Chris on the computer the family tree and pics I had on their side of the family. After they left we went for dinner at K on Hay opposite hotel. Another earlyish night as Chris had asked us to go to Mandurrah with him on a trip tomorrow.








18th February 2010
Rather than bore everybody with what we did with Chris today. Mandurrah is where his brother Tony lives (he was out of town). The town is one of the fastest developing on the west coast, a lot of the development is done with canals (a bit like Diglis in Worcester NOT), a lot of money being poured in. Great fish & chips at the Jolly Frog. Coffee back in Mandurrah before heading back to Perth to enjoy rush hour on the freeway.
Back at the hotel, after a cold beer, Chris gave us a present of three bottles of wine from the winery where he works on the Margaret River (The Voyager Estate).
The Fewings have been extremely generous in the past couple of days, more photos from Johanna this morning via Chris. I hope we can repay the hospitality some day.



Additional photos below
Photos: 96, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



22nd February 2010

Ruby's
Hi Al and Lin. Sounds like your having a great time! Looking forward to seeing all of the photographs on the work projector at the next meeting! Breaking News......Drove up the Bransford Rd the other day and there was a sign outside Ruby's saying 'Closed until further notice due to lack of custom!' Take care and have fun - Sparky. PS Happy Birthday for Wednesday Al.
23rd February 2010

Happy Birthday...21?
Hope you are enjoying your Birthday down under? Many happy returns from us Walkers!!! Pics are looking really good, nice to see the relatives. Reef pic's to come?! See you soon Val
11th January 2022

Johanna
Hi, I’m trying to contact Johanna. I found an obituary. Is it Johanna from Mosman Park? Thanks, Leif
18th February 2022

Johanna
Unfortunately it is my cousin Johanna who sadly passed away last October

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0207s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb