Day 2 Perth: Is it Halloween?


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
October 31st 2009
Published: October 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

PerthPerthPerth

Perth
Well today we woke up pretty early around 6AM and headed to breakfast at the Executive Lounge on our floor. After breakfast, we headed to the gym downstairs. After a quick work out, I decided to run along the river and find "Jacob's Ladder." Along the river, I took some cool pics on my iphone and ran around 5-6Km . I can across a view that resembled the Charles River, a mini gym outside and a Ferris wheel. "Jacob's ladder" is just a man made staircase which people exercise up and down, but when you reach the top of the cliff, there is quite a view!

After my run, Stephen and I headed into the shopping center of the city. The shopping center is a huge outdoor mall over 2-3 blocks. While walking around the mall, I noticed some kids dressed up in costumes! I forgot it was Halloween. This is not a holiday here but some of the teenagers dress up and walk around in their costumes.

Mom, I found your UGGs, they are authentic Australian ones. Apparently, the locals don't like the American UGGs because they were bought out by a franchise. So they sell the real
River River River

Perth
wool ones, but they don't seem any cheaper. They run about 200 US dollars. I'll check them out in Melbourne and Sydney. Perth is so $$$ because it is so isolated and away. Our dollar is equal to AUS dollar.

We decided to purchase a prepaid cell phone. Now we can communicate to our friends here, but am still using wifi to call home. After shopping, we decided to venture into Northbridge. Northbridge has some cool bars, cafes and and many night clubs. We just hopped on the Cat or bus system which is free. We headed to James Street and found a really cool structure in the middle of the road. It resembled a rubic cube like piece of art. We learned James and Williams Street is where the Pride Parade route will take place later tonite. We met some locals and purchased tickets for the Pride after party. After lunching at a local indian bistro in Northbridge, we ended up at the Perth Art Gallery and checked out some Aboriginal art work.

LOOK OUT FOR ANOTHER POST FROM TONITE's PERTH PRIDE FESTIVITIES




Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Working Out Working Out
Working Out

Along the River
Jacob's LadderJacob's Ladder
Jacob's Ladder

Looking down
East ViewEast View
East View

Cliff top of Jacob's Ladder
West ViewWest View
West View

Cliff top of Jacob's Ladder
First Kangaroo SightingFirst Kangaroo Sighting
First Kangaroo Sighting

Stephen and I in front Western Australia's Supreme Court
Shopping CenterShopping Center
Shopping Center

Alley down the main Shopping Center
UGGsUGGs
UGGs

Real ones
UGGsUGGs
UGGs

Authentic $$$
NorthbridgeNorthbridge
Northbridge

Rubix Structure
CafeCafe
Cafe

Northbridge
Perth PridePerth Pride
Perth Pride

Who would have thought?
MurielMuriel
Muriel

Northbridge
Aboriginal ArtAboriginal Art
Aboriginal Art

Perth Art Gallery
Halloween in PerthHalloween in Perth
Halloween in Perth

Teens dressed up


1st November 2009

kangaroos!!
i wanna see some real kangaroos. yeah i hope you bought mom her uggs she's really excited about authentic uggs she went to Macy's to measure her feet. she called me right after to inform me...and let me know she was emailing you. ...i hope i get a good souvenir...i am reading your blog! and now imma be late for church.

Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 57; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb