Perth...one last time


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
February 6th 2008
Published: February 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

When we first arrived in Monkey Mia, it was a very cool airport we landed in. It reminded us of the Costa Rica cornfield we fence climbed. No climbing fences here, but it was a far cry from the security lock down you get in Smithers. When we left to go to Perth, the lady asked if we had any sharp objects in our bags. We said no, so on we went. No bag search, no body cavity search, just on the plane you get. Don't tell anyone this, but we even brought on water from outside the airport area...shhhhh!!! And the mini milk run started, a stop in one town, and then finally Perth. The travel gods tried to test us a bit by losing our reservation for the hotel, but thanks to Penny's training of keeping documents, the day was saved and we slept quite comfortably in an apartment sized room built for 10. A little over kill, but at least a roof was over our heads. Now, we are on our final day, we have caught a flick, and toured some of the town again, getting the last rays of sun before we head back to the hotel for some serious napping so that we can fully enjoy the entertainment system on our plane tonight. The journey to Hong Kong will end at 7:30am, then another wait until the afternoon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb