Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
January 4th 2007
Published: January 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

PerthPerthPerth

The CBD from the Park, in England we call it a field.
Here we are in Perth now, a simple four hour flight west all over the same country. Australia is such a huge place its hard to comprehend.

We are now in Western Australia which is one of the least populous states. Only 2 million people live in this state and most of them live in and around Perth. With an area four times the size of texas and about a zillion times the size of the UK its safe to say there is enough room to swing a cat.

Perth itself is ............ nice, it doesn't feel like a busy city and there is loads of open space and the surrounding landscape is very green. The pace of life seems pretty chilled and people are all laid back, although Perth does not seem to be the place you come for a party. For a big city there does not appear to be many bars or nightclubs so it might not be some travellers cup of tea. We ain't bothered though as our Oz budget doesn't stretch to many nights out anyway.

We are staying at Billabong Backpackers which is more of a budget resort than a hostel, although
Scarborough BeachScarborough BeachScarborough Beach

Just like its English East Coast namesake. . . . . . . . NOT!!!
its a tad scruffy its a very lively place with a pool and a big kitchen / common room so all is well.

Also, there doesn't appear to be a vast amout of things to do, although there are some world class beaches a stones throw away. That said there is certainly enough to keep anybody occupied for a few nights, or months if you just want to get sucked into the local beach life.

Scarborough beach is really nice as is Kings Park and the Swan river area. Other than these there are loads of places we did not get to see. Perth has a small central business district with a few skyscrapers and then the rest is dozens of subburbs so having a car is a big advantage.






Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

The SwanThe Swan
The Swan

The Swan River just to the South of the cities CBD.


7th January 2007

think it's just like our Scarborough!!! Have seen thew Swan River on rex Hunt. Loks ok there. Stay sober. dad

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 81; dbt: 0.0739s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb