Perth - 1 Feb 2015


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Joondalup
February 2nd 2015
Published: February 2nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Morning, yesterday off we all went to Swan Valley which is the wine region. On the way we saw wild kangeroos, happy nibbling grass on a golf course, not bothered about the golf balls flying everywhere. We went into The Vines golf resort to look around, they seem to have loads out here, but appear expensive to be a member. Then we drove past wineries and popped into a chocolate place where they made chocolate and there were big bowls of it to try. I could never work in a place like that because I know I would be eating it all the time, everyone said 'no you wouldn't, you would be sick of it' but I know I wouldn't. Anyway with that, I brought a bar of chocolate !! We then went into the winery next door, sorry can't remember the name but had some samples as well as trying the oils and vinegars. We then moved onto a winery called Sandelford where we tried some more 'tipples' bearing in mind Stu and I haven't found one wine we don't like !! Even when we make the face, 'oh no, I prefer the other one' we still like it !!. Anyway the whole purpose of this day out was Dorothy and Mike wanted to take us for lunch at a winery called Sittellas which is off the beaten track. We went into their winery first, again to sample the wine to see which one we wanted with our lunch. This really is hard work !!!! After deciding, we went next door and sat outside overlooking the vineyard which was by a small lake. It wasn't too hot yesterday, we had a breeze coming through so it was really pleasant sitting there. The food was gorgeous, Mike and Dorothy were true to their word, it just melted in you're mouth. We all shared a starter of different meats and veggie things and then most of us had the porterhouse beef, oh my, it was delicious and I just thought, well I'm going for it, I'll finish with a pud, infact all of us had one, mine being chocolate tart all washed down with their wine. It was a delightful setting, you could not wish for anything better, it really was perfect.

On the way back, which was an hour or so away, we drove through a place called Guildford, where the late actor Heath Ledger went to school. Looked a posh school to me. Guildford have all these small drinking places and little shops full of old things and houses with picket fences.

Last night a storm was brewing whilst we were watching the tennis, sad for Murray, then the rain came and lightening. Mike and Dorothy said the weather has been a bit 'iffy' since we have been here, usually it is clear blue skies and hot. I thought God, how much hotter can't it get !!.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0189s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb