Pemberton – the WOW factor


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Pemberton
November 7th 2012
Published: November 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

A short jump to Pemberton took us along the highway through densely wooded tall forests. However we were yet to see the really tall trees.

The caravan park in Pemberton was nestled against the forest, a very beautiful setting. Parrots we know as the Port Lincoln Parrot but here are called ringnecks were plentiful, as were ducks. The parrots had a habit of almost clipping your head when you sat outside as they flew to various locations nearby.

It seems most locations in this area have a scenic drive through the giant forests. Pemberton probably won the prize for the tallest trees, most of which were karri or marri. A number of significant giants have been used as bushfire spotting towers over the years. You will see from the photos how they were used with metal spikes hammered into the trunks to form a ladder. We visited the Centenary Tree which visitors could, and would climb. We were not so keen and were assured by those who had that it was very scary but the views were stunning.

Greg threw his fishing line into the river a few times, with the usual lack of success.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The Centenary treeThe Centenary tree
The Centenary tree

Look carefully to spot the two platforms on the way up.


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb