Suzuki Heaven ------- or ------Hell


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Meekatharra
October 23rd 2011
Published: October 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

DROVERDROVERDROVER

A TIDY RUN AROUND
SUZUKI HEAVEN or HELL ?

I suppose it depends if you are a SUZUKI or its driver! Here at Mt Vernon station WA the little 413 Suzuki plays an important part of the station operations, from bore runs to mustering they get hell
The main use is as a bull chaser , during mustering these little 4WDs take the place of horses or quads as they are one of the few means of transport that are nimble and strong enough for the conditions.
As seen in the photos they are extensively barred up to cope with the animals and terrain, breakages are just part of life, all carry 2 spare tires on the back and a very simple jacking system, spares on board include springs , hoses, belts, drive shafts and if you don’t have it on board the camp truck has most other parts including gearboxes transfer boxes, diffs , springs, steering boxes , radiators etc etc.
If you need to work underneath you just roll it on its side and everything is easily accessible!!!!!
I have not found any of the suzis with brakes that work , which makes a very interesting and rough ride when you come to washouts and rocks at speed.
As tough as the Suzuki engines are there is a constant need to “rebuild” spare engines Mt Vernon style.-----Find an engine in the spare parts shed -strip it- check bore –pistons= and crank shaft –Hone the block and remove ridges—(swap crank and shells , maybe pistons, from another block if necessary) --check the head visually—assemble with new gasget set –find the best looking carb and alternator—and start it up for a test run on our new test bench .
Not all parts in the spare parts shed are good for use. I had to fit 3 transfer cases to my little truck to get one quiet enough I could hear my radio---if I had one.
As you will see they have worn out a few other brands of vehicles over the years --- but I did not find any dead Toyotas !



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

INSIDE VIEWINSIDE VIEW
INSIDE VIEW

NOT ANY WINDSCREENS IN ONE PIECE
ANOTHER VINTAGEANOTHER VINTAGE
ANOTHER VINTAGE

THE OLD CHAMBERLAND TRACTORS WORKING DAYS ARE NOT OVER
GRAVE YARDGRAVE YARD
GRAVE YARD

THEY HAVE WORN OUT A FEW SUZUKI
SUZUKI JACKSUZUKI JACK
SUZUKI JACK

DRIVE FORWARD AND UP YOU GO
SUZUKI JACK SUZUKI JACK
SUZUKI JACK

UP POSITION


Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.053s; cc: 12; qc: 23; dbt: 0.025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb