Circular Pool, Fern Pool & Fortescue Falls


Advertisement
Published: February 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We were up at sunrise as you do when your sleeping in a tent as it gets so hot, had a big hearty breakfast and our walking adventure began.

We started at Fortescue Falls where lots of fast natural water was pumping into the gorge, serpents made these water holes back in the day when the earth was soft, they say that these serpents still live in the gorge pools today, I was glad we did not see or feal one of the serpents while going for a swim and body beating from the water fall, Yes the water was cold we arrived there around 9am and the sun does not do much warming to the natural water gorge. I did snorkel for around 5mins but the water went dark and I did not like it, we hung out here for around half an hour then headed back towards Fern Pool where we had had a swim last night.

The bush land on the walk was great, lots of trees and still very green considering we were here at the end of the dry season. The walk was like an obstacle course up down up down an all the rocks trying not to hurt yourself as the rocks had alot of moss on them which is as slippery as black ice, this walk took us around one and a half hours to arrive at Circular Pool. Jay dived in with the tabaco in his back pocket which was not really that funny as the nearest shop was 64k's. I had a very quick dip as the water was like ice Holly took a quick dip also as we were about to face the biggest challenge yet and that was to get back to the top.

We had been following the arrows the other way around thinking what difference would it make, how silly were we the climb to the top was the most painfull thing I had done in a while, this is obviously why the arrows were going the other way, but we made it eventually.

It was lunch time when we reached the top, so we had some lunch and yes you guessed it we had to drive to get tabaco, this round trip took up a couple of hours, when we got back their was still time to enjoy the sun so we headed back to Fern Pool to chill out on the rocks read and have a swim. All in all what a great day. I made the fatest beef burgers that night we were full to the brim again we had a game of cards and hit the sack early as we were all a little tired.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0672s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb