day 55 21.9.2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kalgoorlie
September 26th 2008
Published: September 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We left Busselton this morning with overcast skies and a cold wind blowing from the southwest. We drove through Nannup through to Pemberton where we had a stop for a stretch. The road is hilly, windy and it winds through the national park with tall trees.

From Pemberton through Northcliffe to Walpole and arrived around 12.30pm. The whole morning driving the rains came and went sometimes pouring down. We had booked in the previous day at Rest Easy Holiday Village, paid our camp site fees and was not real impressed, for Marg and Warwick it was $22 which was o/k but they charged for the dog also $3/dog/day. Read the paper work later and if in peak season it would have cost $15/dog/day or $70/week a bit rich or ripe off.

There was a down pour in the morning and none of the sites were dry all had water over them. This park is on the river but not work the money paid but too late. So after setting up the van went for a drive to the land of the giant trees which ended up being a tree top walk, which we both thought it, was something else. We thought that it was the climbing tree but later found out that it was Pemberton too late in the afternoon to go back.

We paid our fees and one of us (marg) was hesitant so she didn’t stop to look just kept walking holding on to the hand rails as the spans were moving. Another 1st for her. It’s really cold now that it is near dusk so back to camp and started the air con off on heat.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.296s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.209s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb