With Kerry and Steve in Denmark


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Denmark
March 23rd 2009
Published: March 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 21st March



When we reached Steve & Kerry’s we found a note on the gate telling us to make ourselves at home and to be careful not to damage the van going up the track to the house. Steve had been very thoughtful and sawn low branches off and generally cleared the way. We had no problems!

After set-up, Judy had a rest as she still not right, whilst Rags climbed the hill to the back paddock where Steve was building a shed next door to the house he built for his daughter. Interesting house, octagonal, with lots of windows and views all the way to the coast. He spent some time helping Steve and his daughter, Shannon, put some iron cladding up, until he called it a day.

Kerry returned soon after from her part-time job at a local meadery and we spent a pleasant session outside with Rags and Steve comparing their home brews before dinner. After dinner the ladies ‘worked’ on the computer whilst Steve and Rags compared several bottles of red wine and planned meeting in the NW for a trip along the Gibb River Road in July.

Sunday 22nd March


Wrens around the houseWrens around the houseWrens around the house

These little fellows have lost their colour but there were lots of them flitting around the house.

Kerry and Judy had a lovely long walk along the country roads this morning. Wouldn't it be great if we could do this every morning? After a bit of a slow start for Rags, he helped Steve and Shannon pick up her old car from town and tow it back to the block where it is to be picked up with another one by a wrecker from Albany. By the time this was done it was lunchtime and Kerry had gone to work at the meadery.

The afternoon was spent touring, including a visit to the meadery and sampling the wares before visiting and revisiting some beaches in the area. Some food shopping in town preceded a late afternoon drink followed by the cooking of a curry. The evening was spent playing Canasta, this being won by the ladies but setting up return challenge matches when we meet again in July.

Monday 23rd March


We awoke to a grey, drizzly day but the girls still decided to go on their planned walk along the beach. William Bay was the destination and here they had both drizzzle and brilliant sunshine. Such a picturesque spot and looks great for
Lights BeachLights BeachLights Beach

Protected beach - great for kids!
swimming. After a long, chatty morning tea we finally left the farm.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The world's largest barometerThe world's largest barometer
The world's largest barometer

This is erected at the beautiful Visitor's Centre in Denmark
Shannon's HouseShannon's House
Shannon's House

One of the houses that Steve built!


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb