Cranbrook and Albany


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Albany
March 21st 2009
Published: March 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 17th March - Thursday 19th March



From Bremer we travelled through the farming areas of Borden, Gnowangerup and Tambellup before reaching our destination, Cranbrook. Here, we had arranged to spend Wednesday working with the teachers and students using ICT. The principal, Brian Appleby, had been at Teachers College with Rags all those years ago, as well as teaching his daughter, Julie, in Year 7. Both of them had changed since then but it was fun to reminisce. He now lives on a property near here, has remarried and has a 3 year old girl. Still hyperactive and looking good for a 58 y.o.

The shire caravan park was our home, this being a quiet, shady spot with spotlessly clean facilities.

We obviously impressed them with the work we did with them on Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday, as we were asked to say on for another day to organise their folder structure and load a few software programs. We jumped at the opportunity and had a satisfying day solving their problems and leaving the folders in a way they could understand and use.

Friday, 20th March



We moved on to Albany and after setting up
Old buildings in CranbrookOld buildings in CranbrookOld buildings in Cranbrook

In the evenings we walked around the town - it was pretty small!
camp at the Albany Holiday Park which is situated on the Albany Highway as you enter the town, we went to stock up on foodstuffs again before driving to Jeff & Fran’s to return the Bremer keys. After having our lunch there we returned to the van as it was raining. This was in stark contrast to the bright sunny morning we had experienced in Cranbrook. Judy fighting off some bug, needed a rest, so Rags read, until about 0330 when we went to Tangle Head Brewery in town, to meet 3 teachers who were part of the group she dealt with when she was working at DET.

Dinner was at the York Hotel, where the special for the night was fish and chips for $10. A good feed was had before returning to the van.

Saturday, 21st March

After checking out of the park we drove into the town centre where a produce market was held every Saturday. Here we bought some veges and at $7.50, the most expensive loaf of bread we have ever bought. It was a round sour dough loaf full of olives, tasty but overpriced.

As we passed the Ton Hall we noticed there was some sort of exhibition on and on entering found it was to do with future planning of Albany. Here we bumped into Jeff & Fran as they were checking out what was planned to improve the drain system in front of their house, having recently had stormwater washing away most of their front, side and rear garden due to a planning fault. After having a coffee with them we set off for Denmark.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0275s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb