Coral bay- round 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Coral Bay
December 7th 2006
Published: December 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post


Wednesday 6th Dec
The surfing up here is shut for the season so rang someone in Denham to learn to Kitesurf and he said he could at the weekend so I’m going to go back to coral bay to spend some time before going back to Denham. I got a lift back down with Tim and Teresa at 5am as they were driving al the way back to Perth.
Emma and Nicki- who had come to see the turtle laying also traveled down to Coral bay this morning so the 3 of us went along the beach to meet there friends (including Sean) at an area where the sharks bread. It is just a shallow area of the bay where there are about 30 small sharks swimming around.

Thursday 7th Dec
Emma and Nicky and some Australian girls - Karen, Tamara and Emma- and I all went on a Manta ray tour. We found the Manta rays without the spotter plane and 6 at a time went swimming with one. It was very graceful and fly slowly through the water. After talking to some other people since we were lucky that it didn’t swim of. The he spotter plane saw a Tiger shark and we caught a fleeting glimpse of it swimming of. Before 30+ dolphins were swimming around the boat, jumping out of the water it was amazing and from the crews reaction certainly not an everyday experience. There were Bottlenose, Indo-pacific as well as one other type. Then we went and saw some turtles swimming in the shallow water and finally to a coral snorkel sight which I saw Scar from Finding Nemo and got to swim with a 3 legged turtle called tripod. That topped of my turtle sightings and I am happy now (I really really wanted to swim with a turtle).
In the Afternoon Sean and I climbed up some sand dunes and had a great veiw of the bay. Then the 2 of us had a long wait until midnight for the Greyhound.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb