Coral Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Coral Bay
December 4th 2006
Published: December 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sat 2nd Dec
Got up for a 2nd look at the Dolphin feeding which was a lot busier that Fridays and the baby didn’t come so it was luck we drove over early yesterday. Then into the car for a really long and hot drive up to Coral Bay. We arrived about 4pm and went down to the beach and had a quick snorkel. I saw a stingray which was a bit scary as it was in the shallows. The hostel here is fairly big and new concrete blocks but they are friendly. The flys around the eating area are terrible though. The big difference between the West and East coast are the size of the towns, over this side you don’t have a choice of hostel- there is only one at each place.

Sunday 3rd Dec
I slept till 11 but the clocks had change to summer daylight saving so it was actually 12. I went to the beach and had another snorkel. The coral is close to the sore but the visibility wasn’t great, I saw a parrot fish and the others saw an octopus.

Monday 4th Dec
Teresa and I went on 2 dives this morning we saw a reef shark, trumpet fish, puffa fish, parrot fish, box fish, sting rays and a Damsel fish that is very territorial and it bit me! And on the way out we saw Ocean Pacific Dolphins.
At 2.30 we drove 2 hours up to Exmouth which is a bigger town which for some reason they have positioned away from the coast. So it was lucky I was still driving with Tim and Teresa.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



15th December 2006

Clever Diver
Congratuations you survived a classic fish attack. Damsel fish are evil! On behalf of dive club well done!
18th December 2006

Damsel Fish
The damsel fish in Finding Nemo was black / white and called Deb

Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.1402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb