day 52 18.9.2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Busselton
September 20th 2008
Published: September 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Extremely heavy rain woke Marg and Warwick up around 5.30 am, the Waeco was getting wet so we covered it with a plastic table clothe. So as the rain was easing off it was a good opportunity to take the dogs for a walk then back to bed. Up around 9.15am the weather is really crappy and cold so we had a cooked breakfast.

Before breakfast Marg noticed that the Waeco was off so she turned it on but it was starting to defrost so it needed a clean inside.

After cleaning the Waeco Warwick went for a walk to the office and we decided to increase our stay here from 2 nights to 4 nights as we are close to other attractions like Bunbury (50 k’s) and Margaret River (40 k’s). Accommodation cost $25/night. Today we decided to go for a drive to Bunbury. The whole drive the weather was crappy with heavy rain on and off all day.

When we got to Bunbury we took the tourist drive around the country side which is very green and cows in the paddocks. We stopped at the beach and you can see the rain clouds rolling in very windy and the seas were rough. The ocean looked dark and evil as the wild winds were pushing the surf onto the rocks and foreshore. Stopped off at an observation deck and took some pics of Bunbury. Warwick went up the tower but Marg didn’t want to as she thought that it didn’t warrant both of us up there to take some pics. Drove out towards Australand then decided to return to town for a late lunch.

After late lunch we decided to head back to camp so on the way there we stopped off at the “old cheddar cheese company” to sample some local cheeses, we got some garlic and chive cheese. Back at camp we took the dogs for a walk around the park and went across the road to the beach, for them to have a run but dickhead Bailey decided to get half wet in the surf so they stayed outside when we got back.

There is not fresh water on tap at the camp site as it is bore water so when we need water for coffee or drinking we have to go to the toilet complex and obtain drinking water from blue taps.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.119s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb