day 51 17.9.2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Busselton
September 20th 2008
Published: September 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

A cold morning so Bailey got Marg up to go for a p*ss around 5.30am. Our Chloe was sniffing under the car and something was there so she grabbed it and wouldn’t open her mouth, whatever it was it jumped. Marg couldn’t see anything in the dark but Chloe can sniff food out from any distance.

We are leaving Perth today and in our stopover here we really didn’t do much here due to the weather being cold and raining, and car needing a service. We started to pack up and we had to pack up in pouring rain something that we haven’t done since leaving home back in July. Just after we coupled the van onto the car and doing a final check the rain stopped for about 10 mins. Great.

We left Perth around 9.15 am to drive south not knowing our destination for the day, up to around lunch it was raining on and off and driving into a southwest wind (head wind). Stopped at Harvey info centre. Inside there was a baby joey approx 7 months old inside hopping around. After getting info on the southwest we decided to stop at the four season caravan park at Busselton. The office closes at 12.30pm so the manager left a map out with the site number on. When we got there it was almost empty and we didn’t like the site because of several reasons so we moved to a bigger better one.

Today drive was about 260 k’s and we got to the park about 2.30pm. Marg heated up some pies for lunch while Warwick started to set up camp. The site is well protected from the winds as it is in the trees. After lunch and setting up camp we took the dogs for a walk around the park, it reminds us a bit like Kiola on the south coast. Because we had a late lunch we decided to have a light dinner and used the free bbq cooking sausages and onions.

Tonight the winds picked up and then the rain started it is really cold now so in bed to watch TV.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.1001s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb