Crocs and Camels galore!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Broome
February 8th 2006
Published: February 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

My and a baby croc!My and a baby croc!My and a baby croc!

Luckily the tour guide wrapped up the snappers with an elastic band!
Well I spent most of the day with Sacha today visiting the local Crocodile Farm after which we finished the day off with a sunset camel ride along Cable Beach in Broome which was quite frankly spectacular.

The Crocodile farm cost $15 for a one hour guided tour around the park which mainly consisted of watching the local handlers dangle chickens near the crocodiles to feed them and to get them to jump out of the water for all the local papparazzi, including me. See pictures attached.

The evening camel ride was a 5km walk along the beach on a camel train consisting of 4 camels with a tour company called "Ships of the Desert". This was the cheapest of three camerl tours available and also rumour has it the best as we left the beach and then meandered over the sand dunes and towards the tour operators base set in the outback on the outskirts of Broome where we departed the camels and the tour bus took us back to where we'd picked up the camel train on the beach front and parked our car.

A small spatter of rain and the setting sun caused an amazing
Daddy Croc!Daddy Croc!Daddy Croc!

Not to sure about the safety of the fence between me and this bad lad!
twin rainbow effect in the sky which made for some cool pictures too.

Thats all for now - enjoy the pictures

Mike


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Not forgetting mummy crocNot forgetting mummy croc
Not forgetting mummy croc

Nice to eat you...to eat you nice!
Meet our Camel!Meet our Camel!
Meet our Camel!

His name was Imran Khan...allegedly.
Don't fall off!Don't fall off!
Don't fall off!

Look mum - no hands! Sacha holds on behind - wimp!
Ooh Geoffrey!!!Ooh Geoffrey!!!
Ooh Geoffrey!!!

My, my. Thats a big rainbow!
Amazing Sunsets!Amazing Sunsets!
Amazing Sunsets!

Sunset over Cable beach, Broome.


Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb