Hot Hot Hot!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Broome
February 7th 2006
Published: February 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well, its now our third day in Broome and might I add it's hot - and wet. Between monsoon rains which last about an hour, the heat has been reaching 40 degrees so as you can imagine when it comes to sleeping in a non air conditioned room its less than fun although it is made mre interesting by the resident lizards that we are leaving in the room as they seem to be doing a good job of polishing off any mosquitos and insects that make it into our room.

I've met a lovely English girl called Sacha so have been spending some time with her in between working in the local internet cafe (thank god that it is air conditioned) and having a swim in the fantastic tropical palm tree lined swimming pool at our hostel "The Kimberley Klub".

Provided that the weather holds out for this evening, Sacha and I are off on a sunset Camel trip along Cable beach tonight, failing that it will be another evening this week.

Sacha's cooking for us all tonight and I'll be doing my now legendary chinese pork tomorrow night. Antony and Nelia are also staying with us in the hostel too (we just cant seem to get away from them - ha ha!) so all in all we've got aq nice close travelling group of friends to share and enjoy the good food and cold beers with so life's pretty damn sweet at the moment.

Anyhow, best be off, work to do and all the rest of the boring stuff before hitting the pool and filling my belly later.

Love

Mike

Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0704s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb