Day 25 22.8.2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Broome
August 26th 2008
Published: August 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well Marg up again about 6am so it’s getting better and she took the dogs for a run on the oval. The bus was due to pick us up about 8.30am across the road to take us for our scenic flight so we left the dogs in the van with air con going and TV on. It’s good that they are older now as we can leave them in the van for a couple hours by themselves. At the bus stop there were other couples there for the same reason and they commented that it was going to be a rough flight today as it was very windy.

When we arrived there was introduced to our pilot and he asked “does anyone get air sick” and Marg said that she gets sea sick so off we go to the plane and Marg and Warwick gets the front seats behind the pilot. Well rocky was putting it mildly friggen wind Marg said she felt close a few times being sick but when she looked over to Warwick and he was quite white looking and handed his camera to her. Then grab the spew bag and yes he was the only one on the flight that spewed. The flight took 2 ½ hours and take off was 9 am. Marg notice the time at 10.15 and thought shit only half way through and she wanted to go bake to mother earth now she understands why they gave us a DVD at the end of the flight.

We saw the bungles Bungles colours in the rocks, Lake Argyle which was huge even though it was nearly empty. Lake Argyle diamond mine. The funny thing was when we landed all six passengers cheered as we landed on the tarmac. So when we got back to camp we gave the dogs a good run on the oval.

While we been here there has been a lot of spot fires and our pilot told us it’s the aboriginals liting them to smoke out the lizards so they can eat them , the authorities don’t like it much but not much they can do. Tomorrow we leave for the west coast but I think it will take 2 or 3 days


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb