Day 26 23.8.2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Broome
August 26th 2008
Published: August 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We left Kununurra around 8.am and stopped for fuel at Turkey Creek and Hall’s Creek. On the map these places look reasonable big but in reality there is nothing there, we got to Hall’s creek around lunch and so we stopped for lunch also.

From Kununarra to Hall’s Creek it is about 370 km’s, after lunch we decided to stop at Mary pool river rest area which is another free stop, nice area and river was bone dry except for a few large ponds of water here and there. Found a spot under trees and with a bbq and cement tables and chairs. After setting up took dogs over to were the river should have been and some wild cows there drinking out of the ponds of water.

Spoke to a couple from Sydney they had a kelpie they arrived just before us and they informed us that someone just told them that there is a freshwater croc’s in the dry river bed and not to take our dogs over there for a run so there went the idea of taking the dogs for a run down there.

When we got back to the camp site a couple called out to us and they were the English couple from addle Creek free stop. They were off for a walk to see if they could see the croc. We set up the external shower and decided to use the solar bag by heating up the water first sound like cheating but it was good.

We left the dogs off the leads and let them walk around but made sure that they didn’t go too far. A big Winnebago pulled in and after they set themselves up Marg started to chat to the woman it turns out that they are from Warilla and they were in real estate.

For dinner that night Marg decided to have a go at making a pizza in the Cobb oven according to Marg big misstate. The base turned out hard on the bottom and doughie on top, the dogs were great just lying there on the cement block a small poodle came over and Bailey behaved himself but Chloe bear gave a little growl but she proberly thought that it was a puppy. The weather as cooler and tonight Warwick had a pair of trackies and jumper on. Early night to bed



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb