2 November 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria
November 2nd 2012
Published: November 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The weather was a tad better Friday morning so we set off into Wilsons Promontory National Park. We made our way to Tidal River and picked up some information about the walks we were able to take while down there. The rain was barely holding off so we thought we better get to it in case another down pour was on the way.

We strolled down to Norman Beach followed by Squeaky Beach and took a few photos along the coastline and out towards to the gloomy horizon. As nice as it is in the sun on the beach there is also something special about being by the ocean when the weather is inclement, I guess it's something about feeling the wrath of mother nature.

After a short drive we stopped at Lilly Pilly Gully where we set out on a 5 km hike. The track took us through mountain heath into dense rainforest and alongside tall ferns sprouting higher than six feet. The track was really good and took us onto a boardwalk that looped around little streams. From there we stopped off at Glennie Lookout for a better glimpse of the Park as we headed out.

In the afternoon we drove through to the Poowong campgrounds near Loch off of the South Gippsland Highway. It was a pretty spot to stop for the night and a busy one at that. A caravan and campervan club were having a get together so the grounds were near capacity.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1146s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb