3 - 4 November 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Frankston
November 4th 2012
Published: November 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

On Saturday we headed off early at the campgrounds and stopped at a charming Tea House just off of the highway. It was run by a lovely couple and after the coffee arrived we decided on some scrambled eggs for breakfast. When you can hear the eggs being prepared in the kitchen and the toast being buttered you know it's as fresh as it gets and the result was a delicious meal to start the day.

With Tasmania just around the corner we needed to get closer to Melbourne in preparation for the departure on the Spirit of Tasmania. Just after lunch we found a caravan park just out of Frankston on the Mornington Peninsula. The remainder of the day was reasonably slow as we caught up on a week's worth of washing.

The sky was blue and the sun was out on Sunday so late in the morning we headed around to the Frankston foreshore. The beach was a hive of activity and we took a walk along the water's edge and then around the neighbouring shopping precinct. We have had a couple of free movie tickets in our possession for quite some time so today we decided to head to the flicks. The Palace Dendy at Brighton was a lovely theatre and in the end the movie of choice was Argo. Entertaining until the end we were pretty happy with our choice of movies.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1003s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb