SURPRISE... we're home!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Wodonga
February 10th 2010
Published: June 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Surprise… we’re home,
After three months of secrecy we wondered whether we had really managed to pull off our surprise trip home. With numerous near slip ups in conversation and a distinct sudden lack of plans for winter we were doubtful. Not only that, we’d arranged some locum work with our former employee’s whilst we were home to help with the savings, being small towns surely someone would let it slip.
At the last minute we gave in to KB and Sas who were desperate to know our plans and whether we would be attending their engagement party, especially after they offered to pick us up from the airport. “We’ll see you Thursday at 8am” via skype link up. “yeah.. in two days”. KB and Sas kindly met us at the airport and we returned to their newly renovated apartment for refreshing breaky and showers before KB dropped us at the train station. Following a short ride from Wallen to Seymour we went separate ways for the first time in nearly two years (work aside) as two separate bus services would be taking us to Wodonga and Wangaratta respectively.
On arriving in sunny Wodonga (convinced the sudden temperature change from -16degrees in Seoul to +36 degrees in Wodonga would kill me!), I caught a taxi from the station back to San Souci Drive. After breaking in… fortunately not that hard I was greeted by my beloved Ellie and Millie (our dogs, who clearly had not forgotten me!!). We played outside waiting for Kate to return home from work. It wasn’t long and Kate arrived, standing at the back door colour streaming from her face “what’s wrong!?!” Motherly concern her first instinct “Surprise!” I said. Eventually Kate stopped shaking and it didn’t take long to make up for the absent emails and fill her in on the plans for the next few months.
Meanwhile in Wangaratta, Jez wandered home, finding Brian busy in the back garden requiring a double take as he walked through the back gate complimenting him on their new patio and Leanne ecstatic as she raced through the back door.
After a few more surprises to family and friends we settled back in like we’d left yesterday. The next three months flew by as jammed in as much as possible.
Day trip to the Australian Open with Kate, KB, Sas and Sas’s mum and bro
Road trip to Mildura
Casey DellaquaCasey DellaquaCasey Dellaqua

Australian Open 2010
to see Kylie, Christian, Greg and Beth
Road trip to Swan Hill to see Steph, Xav and Jordy for Australia Day
Trip to Mansfield to see Carly’s Nan
Jez’s Grandma’s birthday
KB and Sas’s engagement party
Easter in Wang and Mansfield
AFL Game; Hawks v’s Geelong
Many catch up’s BBQ’s, dinner and drinks; Beechworth crew, the Aussie contingent of our African Oasis trip, Mick and Sim, Vaunders, Tara, KT, Jayden and Lanes, Kate’s birthday.
Jez played out the rest of the cricket season including at ton and making the A grade Grandfinal where rain saw the City Colt’s take runners up having finishing in second at the end of the season.
And we managed to squeeze in nearly nine weeks of work! ~Unfortunately we left the camera packed away for most of it!
Before long it was time to pack our bags again as we returned to UK for the final eight weeks of our working visa. Amazingly we got job offers just the day before we left we jumped at a couple jobs in Stoke-on-Trent . Little did we know what awaited us.. you'd think we'd have learnt by now more patience and more research!




Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Jay and KatieJay and Katie
Jay and Katie

KB and Sas's Engagement Party!
Jez smashes it for 4!Jez smashes it for 4!
Jez smashes it for 4!

City Colts Grandfinal


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb