Australian Adventure


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Port Campbell
April 29th 2014
Published: April 29th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hi blog followers.

After spending a coolish night (see photos of our first camp fire), we have moved yet again from Kennett's River. This time we spent a night "free camping" at Johanna right at the bottom of Victoria. It was recommended to us and it did not let us down. What a great place. Well kept by Victorian Parks with good facilities and the grounds are well mown etc. See photos.

Johanna appears to be visited by the dedicated surfers (see photo) as it is not far off the Great Ocean Road and close to the Twelve Apostles etc. We only stayed one night as the weather turned bad on us with the wind blowing up over night and then steady rain today, so we decided to head for Port Campbell and do our laundry while we couldn't do much else. Yes!!! We do have to do the everyday boring chores even when travelling.

The trip (only around 48kms) from Johanna to Port Campbell via Princetown, was a bit hairy as the storms last night had brought down a lot of tree branches and leaves etc. plus it was raining heavily and the cloud was sitting on the road.

As you can also see, today is a good time for me to catch up on the blog and collate some of our photos, (965 taken to date) plus we have bought a small 1TB External Hard drive and begun loading all our DVDs onto it so we can cut down on what we carry and any little bit of less weight also helps. Part of the reason also, we are quickly running out of TV reception at many of the places we visit which makes it hard for us to stay across the news etc. so we have decided to bite the bullet and purchase a satellite dish and set top box package when getting to Warrnambool or at least Robe, as they have a distributer.

Enjoy life to the full.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Kennetts River fire.Kennetts River fire.
Kennetts River fire.

We should be heading north where it is warm.


Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0246s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb