Australian adventure


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Apollo Bay
April 26th 2014
Published: April 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hi everyone.

We have moved on again and are now at Kennett River between Apollo Bay and Lorne and have started our journey along the Great Ocean Road.

Kennett River was recommended to us by some fellow travellers we met a couple of weeks ago and I must say we are not disappointed. As you will see by the photos, you can get up close and personal with the wildlife like never before. I.e. There are all sorts of wild parrots and koalas everywhere including in the caravan park which backs onto the Otway Ranges and is just across the road from the Great Ocean Road and the open beaches. A great spot.

We picked up a brochure from the park office that indicated where there were Glow-Worms easily visible just after dark at Greys River and only 6km from the park, so we did the short drive into the ranges late in the afternoon and managed to get in a walk up the valley to the river lookout via a Tree Fern grove (which was most impressive) before settling in to watch the Glow Worm light show. All absolutely free and in the wild as nature intended it. WOW!!! Sorry I couldn't get any photos as the Glow Worms don't like competition when it comes to flashes, but there were literally thousands of them all around and only less then 10 meters from the road.

I can also see why the Great Ocean Road is so popular with tourists. We have been along it before via a tour bus, BUT now that we have time, we are able to stop as many times as we like and take in all those views that you quite often miss.

Hope you like the pictures as much as we enjoy taking and sharing the experience with you.

Enjoy. Live life to the full.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Greys River Picnic areaGreys River Picnic area
Greys River Picnic area

The Glow Worms were on the creek bank just to the right of the photo.


Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 29; qc: 108; dbt: 0.1032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb