Mount Beauty


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Mount Beauty
February 28th 2012
Published: March 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Mount Beauty certainly lives up to its name.The scenery is beautiful, and so are the people (that’s you, Di & Jo – you guys rock – thanks so much for having us!).

We learnt that there isn’t actually a mountain called Mount Beauty, rather it is just the township that carries the name. It’s a gorgeous little place with real community spirit. In the pilates studio, I asked if there were any local yoga classes. I was told to ask the lady in the greengrocer’s, who sent me to the hardware shop, where the sales assistant called his mum to get the yoga teacher’s phone number. Lovely! The locals also share their home grown fruit and veggies around and greengrocer offered to give me some fresh figs from the tree in her garden. Unfortunately we weren’t going to be in town long enough for me to take her up on the offer.

Our time in Mount Beauty was spent driving back up the mountain to take in the view (without the fog this time), going for a nice long walk around the lake, going for a swim, fishing and spending some quality time with Di and Joe.

THE TRUTH (by Dean Glasgow)

There’s fish in them there waters!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0794s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb