Falls Creek & back to Lakes Entrance


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Falls Creek
February 29th 2012
Published: March 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Wow, it’s a leap year! Happy birthday to all those born on 29 February:-)

After a leisurely morning of yoga and fishing (Dean caught a trout which we had for lunch) we started our drive back towards the coast. We stopped in at Falls Creek which, like the drive itself, is really picturesque. What was a ghost town while we were there (we only saw a handful of people who worked there) becomes a hip and thriving ski resort during the winter. You can just imagine how magical it would be with the snow, sipping hot drinks in one of the many bars and chilling out in the spa (one luxury resort had one spa on each balcony – nice!). We made it back to Lakes Entrance in the evening and, totally knackered, set up camp in the Esplanade car park. Thankfully nobody asked us to move on and we enjoyed a peaceful night despite the wind and rain.

Unfortunately, the weather deteriorated considerably overnight and it was POURING the next day. All day. Not easy to deal with when you’re in a small van and everything gets soggy… So we decided that we might as well get properly wet and went to the local pool for a swim. Thanks so much, Blaithin and Rory, for having us back in your lovely house. It was wonderful to get out of the rain and enjoy a DVD on the cosy sofa :-)

THE TRUTH (by Dean Glasgow)

Rain, rain, go away… come again another year…

Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0914s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb