And another few months gone!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Mornington Peninsula
April 2nd 2012
Published: September 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

In between both of us working like crazy still, we managed to have a bit of the fun the last couple months.

We tried to do a few trips on our 1 day off a week, and went to Dandenong Ranges, out towards the coast and the start of the Great Ocean Road for some much needed beach time, some yoga and then of course sourcing out the best spots to eat in Melbourne and think we have found quite a few of them (which then leads to more Bikram Yoga!). But the best part of the last couple months was when Brett's parents came over from Vancouver for his sister's 40th birthday. They spent almost a month over here but we had trouble keeping tabs on them! One day they would be in Wollongong, the next Melbourne, the next the Great Ocean Road and then the next wine tasting in the Barossa Valley near Adelaide. They did see a lot! It was great having them here though, and they had rented a campervan and when they were in Melbourne they alternated between our apartment and Megan and Dusty's house. And we all did offer them to stay inside but they were quite content in their little van, which meant in the parking lot of our apartment but it was really quiet and best part was the access to the 30m salt water pool that Brett's mom used everyday she was there (which is more than us the whole time we were!).

For Brett's sister's birthday we had all rented a house for 2 nights in the Mornington Peninsula which about an hour half drive south east from Melboune. It's known for it's wine region and beautiful beaches of both Port Phillip Bay and the open ocean, and has a few nice little towns as well. We had a beautiful house with views to some of the wineries and were 5 minutes from the hot springs so we went to those again on the Sunday morning before we left. We did try to go on the Saturday afternoon but one look at the parking lot had us all saying no way we wanted to be toe to toe and arm to arm with that many people in small tubs, so it was off to a winery instead! After a couple drinks there we went back to the house for the big birhtday feast where I think we had all requested our favorite things. We ended up roasting a turkey as well as it's somehting you don't have or see very often in Austrlaiua and as none of us ever have enough people for a turkey – or so we thought since the medium turkey here ended up to be about the size of a large chicken. Guess they haven't ever seen North American turkeys! Either way it was all delicious and was a great way to spend Megan's 40th birthday.

Before we knew it though it was time for Brett's parents to head back up to Wollongong to catch up with some family then back to Sydney then Vancouver then off to Italy for another one of their adventures. They are definitely an inspiration! We do think they sit around at night and throw a dart at a world map and that's where they are off to next. Sounds alright to me! Now what can we do about this work thing...


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0983s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb