Becoming Melbournites (at least for a little while again)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Richmond
March 13th 2012
Published: September 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

You know it is going to happen but it still seems a shock that before we knew it the last month in Thailand seemed a bit like a distance memory and we were back in Australia and back to work!

We made it back to Sydney and had a much better flight than on the way there as we were on a different airline (which was probably a good thing as the one we had flow to Thailand on (Air Australia) went under a couple weeks after we got back. They didn't last long!) And it wasn't that bad as it was summer and we had our new caravan to go back to. Even if was jsut for a week, and as usual when we go back to Wollongong it seems to be a very fast week between trips to storage, visiting Brett's rellies, some yoga, beach time and me back to work full time the day after we got back. Brett at least had another week to ease back into the idea of this work thing.

The weather was great and quite hot so it wasn't really that hard of an adjustment from Thailand. Although we were missing
Not a bad view after almost a month in ThailandNot a bad view after almost a month in ThailandNot a bad view after almost a month in Thailand

The beach at the caravan park (about a 20 second walk from our caravan) in Shellharbour
the green curry and pad thai lunches and breakfast every morning with bacon. Although after eating bacon I think 23 of the days we were there I can honestly say I have had enough. Seems so good at the time!

After a week we were putting the caravan back into storage and making our way down to Melbourne where we would be for the next few months. First thing we did when we got there was met up with TP who had picked up the keys to where we are staying and of course we all had to go our favorite pasta spot on Lygon St. Was great to see TP even if was jsut for a couple weeks before she was moving to the Gold Coast. Figures when we get down here, she heads up that way!

We are staying in the usual area we stay in when we are in Melbourne, in Richmond and are in a unit Brett's work got us. It's a nice new building with a pool and a gym and close to everything (which in Melbourne is a problem with all the cafes and restuarants). It is a bit of a drive for Brett to work but shouldn't be to bad. And working 6 days a week again for both of us (Thailand?! What holiday?!) didn't leave us with a tonne of time to do a whole lot, least we have been to Melbourne quite a few times though and have seen quite a lot of it so we didn't feel to bad. We did manage to head out to the Peninsula Hot Springs on the Mornington Peninsula one Sunday and they were great. It's a series of natural hot springs and cold plunges with the hottest one being at the top of this hill and you can see some of the wineries of the Mornington and out to the ocean. It wasn't to busy, but imagine it doesn't take to many more people there to be a bit tight in some of the tubs! We also caught up with Brett's Aunty Shelly and Uncle Dennis who happened to be down this way visiting some friends so was great to see them.

Other than that... not alot to report unfortunately. Working does make for dull blogs!


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

The beach at Torquay on a scorcher of a dayThe beach at Torquay on a scorcher of a day
The beach at Torquay on a scorcher of a day

About 1 hour and 20 minute drive from Melbourne to the Surf Coast.


Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1007s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb