The beach house calls again


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Mornington Peninsula
January 22nd 2010
Published: January 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our $50 view of the supermarket wall!Our $50 view of the supermarket wall!Our $50 view of the supermarket wall!

Lorne Foreshore Campground
Day 271 - Lorne to Box Hill to Rye

There’s a special birthday shout out this morning to our good friend Scot Durrant who turns, oh, we can’t remember how old he is today but he’s younger than both of us…..just!! Happy Birthday Scot, hope you have a great day and we’ll see you soon!

This morning we’re packed up and ready to go in no time, 9 months of practise is finally paying dividends. We manoeuvred carefully away from our $50 a night view although we did need a washing line and a ute moving first! We made a quick visit to the apartment to rescue our bush hats which had spent the night in the freezer getting rid of any sneaky lousy lice after the girls used them yesterday. With that done we were off towards Box Hill!

A bit of traffic over the West Gate Bridge slowed us up but the journey is made easier via the toll road. The caravan is staying on the driveway for the weekend as we’re off again but this time in the direction of the beach house down on the peninsula.

We know that we will love this
Our spot on the foreshore campgroundOur spot on the foreshore campgroundOur spot on the foreshore campground

Lorne Foreshore Campground
coming weekend but it’s not what we’d originally planned. We’d had big ideas to go off 4WDing with the lovely Kumar family (Poorvi, Puneet and Ayshea - friends of Grant and Anna’s) but having thought about it further we’ve decided it’s not the thing for us to do right now. River crossings have been mentioned and we don’t have a snorkel on the car, although we could probably get around that to be honest. Despite being very disappointed to let them down, especially as it was at our suggestion that we join them, it's a difficult decision but we’re scared of breaking our car and endangering our trip to Tasmania so we’ve had to reel our adventure and adrenalin heads back in.

There are a few preparations to be made before heading down to Rye, there is shopping to be done for Charlotte's birthday which is on Monday. Anna and I hop out to shopping town to rock through the stores over there picking up goodies as we go but we don't manage to get everything on the birthday list and time is running out. Some things will just have to wait. By the time we get back home the clock is ticking on towards half three and we're focused on the build up of holiday traffic as this is the last long weekend before the schools go back.

We were warned to get on the road earlier by Grant and he was right, in traffic we sat when we get to Frankston but it's no drama, we're happy to sit it out for the extra 10 minutes that it adds to the journey.

Bill (Anna’s father), Grant, Anna and the girls are already there when we arrive so we bundle our stuff in James’ room then sit down and catch up. Grant cooked up a BBQ with cream potatoes which are just divine, divine, divine. In very easy going company we sat chatting and whiling away the hours although there weren’t that many to spare, getting down here late meant that the clock ticked by to ‘bed time’ pretty quickly.

Dar and Sar

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb