Christmas Day!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
December 27th 2011
Published: December 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 105, 25/12/11

It has actually happened, Christmas Day in Australia!

I opened my presents which I got from home and have been sitting in my locker for a while and was very happy with them. The Santa hat and underwear were very funny and I will look forward to eating all the chocolate and reading Lee Evans autobiography. We handed out our presents for everyone else and I got some Uno Cards from Stuart and The Sound of Music on DVD from Hannah and Jamie as well as some more chocolate. Stuart also bought the 4 of us tickets to Australia V India at the MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground) tomorrow which should be quite interesting.

We then hit Port Melbourne beach and set up our BBQ. The weather was beautifully sunny but was forcast to rain but it held out long enough for us to have our food. Surprisingly the beach was very empty, I think St. Kilda would've been busier as it is the more well known beach. We stuck some Prawns, Sausages and Burgers on the Barbie and when they were all gone we had a bit of Salmon. We now had a huge grey cloud over and we had luckily just finished. We couldn't get any subathing in so we headed back to the hostel, we got back just in time before the heavens opened and we had a huge thunderstorm.

We ate our cheesecake in our room with a cuppa tea and then just chilled playing Uno, read a bit of my book and drank some alcohol. Later we went to the Casino to see if anything was going on in there which there wasn't - It was like a normal day, you would not of thought it was Christmas Day once you were inside there! Went to the bar later for half hour or so just to play pool and before we knew it the day was over.

I am so glad I have spent Christmas in Australia even though we get the impression they don't know how to celebrate it properly. Everything was open and running as if it was just a normal day. The Trams and Trains were running and for free, the Casino was open as well as the Cinemas, the local shop and McDonalds. Who goes to these places on Christmas Day? All In all, it was an amazing experience and I am so glad I have done it!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb