Weekend Getaway


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
May 30th 2011
Published: July 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Since Brett was down in Melbourne working, and I was in Sydney working we have been beginning to forget what each other looked like, so I flew down on a Thursday night for a long weekend in Melbs. And that way I could also catch up with TP because it seems like it's been ages since we have seen her, and also Brett's sister who has been living in Melbourne since she moved from South Korea back in September.

The flight down is a quick one, only about hour and half, and depending what specials and deals are on you can get there sometimes for $49 bucks including tax and upwards. There are a few options of who to fly with so you can get some good deals, although the cheapest airline isn't always the best (Tiger) as they tend to cancel their flights right before they are supposed to depart for whatveer reason leaving people stuck and frustrated. So I didn't go the cheapest but still managed to get a flight down there for $79 one way. Cheaper and faster than driving!

TP picked me up from the airport on her way home from work, and was great to see her! Been way to long. And then we went to where Brett was staying in Richmond, and I have to say I don't really know how this worked out that I am living in our little caravan in a campground (on the beach mind you...) and here he is staying in a super nice one bedroom hotel with kitchen, living area, and bathtub (one thing you don't quite get living in a caravan park!!). Just kidding. Well kinda. But it was a nice treat anyways.

The weather wasn't to great, it was pretty grey for most of the weekend, but it didn't really matter to much, was good to see everyone. We caught up with our friend Simon, (Brett's boss) for dinner one night, went for dumplings in Chinatown, hung out with TP, got a parking ticket (as we always seem to do in Melbourne!) and Brett made a good sushi dinner over at his sister Megan's pad. It was great to see her, since it was the first time we had seen her since she moved to Australia back in September from 5 or so years in South Korea. Bit of change for her!

But of course before I knew it, the weekend was over and it was time to head back to Sydney on Sunday night, and back to work on Monday. Brett was staying in Melbourne for another week working on the skatepark, so it was a bit of a quiet flight and trip back to our caravan... just have to hang in there another week or so more...




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0681s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb