Day 156 - The Melbourne Aquarium


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
July 16th 2010
Published: July 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Having grown up going to the Vancouver Aquarium at least once a year the Melbourne Aquarium was a bit disappointing. It had it’s highlights: The Penguins soooo fun to watch and the giant Rays. But this is a small all indoor Aquarium. Some of the displays were pretty pathetic, some of the jelly tanks had two or three jellies in them, there is a better jelly tank at YVR! But we had fun watching the penguins swim and fight with each other and enjoyed the curved tank of rays and sharks that you walk through.

After the aquarium we walked down to Federation Square which has a large public space and a huge old train station. The Square is a great open space, surrounded by restaurants, exhibitions and bars. Apparently they have performances going on all the time here but we didn’t see any, maybe it happens only when it is warm? There are some amazing buildings around the square and fake grass for you to lay out on.

We went to Lygon Street for dinner, the Italian district where I ordered gnocchi that was so bad I only ate 3 bites, and lovely Aussie customer service, I had to pay for my horrible meal and was told by the owner that it was the best gnocchi and that they were famous for it. Ryan had lasagne so he was happy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 98, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb